One of my favourite Nelson Mandela quotes is:
"You must believe in the dark what God showed you in the light"
This is because a lot of the time, although a call to purpose can feel quite motivating, inspirational and even euphoric in the moment- to use another quote:
"The night is dark and full of terrors".
No, this is not just an excuse to quote Game of Thrones (one of my favourite TV shows) I'm going somewhere with this!
I say that to say, the path to purpose is an uphill journey (which can feel like a dark night) and- as with any ascension- we should expect oppositional forces (or terrors) along the way.
The Mandela quote is important, then, because it can be very tempting to get distracted, side-tracked or even want to give up when the initial light (motivation, inspiration and faith) surrounding God's call to purpose is being overshadowed by such darkness. This is especially true when that opposition is taking the shape of criticism, slander or a lack of support from loved ones because our distraction etc can come in the form of wanting to defend ourselves. However, as the events of Sarah's life shows us in Genesis 12, we don't need to do that because God is willing and able to fight for us.
As such, I discussed what we can glean from Sarah regarding:
- How to let God fight for you so that you can continue to thrive in purpose (no matter the opposition)
- How God uses these dark periods for our ultimate good
- And more- all of which I shared on my Facebook page this week via the (live) video below.
See? I told you I was going somewhere! Lol
SOUND GOOD, LOVELY?
Great! Do whatever it is that you need to do to get comfortable so you can watch and enjoy the video below.
Oh, one last thing!
If you want to make sure that you never miss another of my weekly videos, you can:
- Like my Facebook page to get notified as soon as I start a live
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel, if that's where you prefer to hang out
Okay, now you can watch...
Enjoy, my love! Xx
- Genesis 12:10-17
- John 15:7
- Matthew 6:33
- Genesis 12:1-3
- Romans 12:19
- 2nd Chronicles 20:15
- Romans 8:28
OTHER RESOURCES/ARTICLES MENTIONED
- Lessons from Noah's dove on how to start over
- Lessons from 3 Biblical women on how to abide in God
- Lessons from Matthew 13:33 on how to seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness
- Lessons from The Woman with the Issue of Blood on how your test is your testimony
- If you liked this episode, subscribe to my YouTube channel and leave a comment on the video letting me know your biggest takeaway. That way you'll get notified as soon as I drop another video and we can continue to connect and get to know each other some more!
- Have a question that you'd like me to answer in my next video? You can leave it as a comment directly under the video or submit your question to me here!