So, last week we began talking about the lessons that Sarah teaches us about how to let God fight our battles. During that conversation, I talked a lot about:
- God's role as our avenger
- His willingness and ability to fight for us.
- How He uses our battles for our ultimate good and so on
What I didn't do a lot of talking about, however, is our role in all of this.
Although it's God's job to avenge us and fight our battles, this does not mean that we get to rest on our laurels and chill.
Oh no, as Hebrews 12:15 warns us, when someone hurts us "roots of bitterness" can "spring up," "cause trouble" and "defile" us. It is therefore our responsibility to do everything we can to ensure that, whilst God is fighting our battles, we are making a conscious decision to become better rather than bitter. As such, I did a follow-up message to last week's one explaining the exact steps that we must take to make this happen according to Abigail (in 1st Samuel 25).
I also talked about:
- The why, how and when of praying for our enemies (even though it's hard and we don't want to!)
- The common myth/misconception of "forgive and forget" and what to do instead
- And more- all of which I shared on my Facebook page this week via the (live) video below.
SOUND GOOD, LOVELY?
Great! Do whatever it is that you need to do to get comfortable so you can watch and enjoy the video below.
Oh, one last thing!
If you want to make sure that you never miss another of my weekly videos, you can:
- Like my Facebook page to get notified as soon as I start a live
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel, if that's where you prefer to hang out
Okay, now you can watch...
Enjoy, my love! Xx
- Genesis 12:10-17
- 1st Samuel 25:2-44
- 1st Chronicles 16:22
- Matthew 5:43-44
- Hebrews 12:15
- 2nd Corinthians 4:17
- Matthew 10:14
- Matthew 7:1
OTHER RESOURCES/ARTICLES MENTIONED
- Lessons from Sarah on how to let God fight your battles
- How to forgive someone who hurt you with Gladys Ato
- How to go from Trauma to Triumph with Kathy Haan
- If you liked this episode, subscribe to my YouTube channel and leave a comment on the video letting me know your biggest takeaway. That way you'll get notified as soon as I drop another video and we can continue to connect and get to know each other some more!
- Have a question that you'd like me to answer in my next video? You can leave it as a comment directly under the video or submit your question to me here!