So...if you've been rocking with me for a while then you will know that I have a real heart for women and all things female empowerment.
If you've been paying really close attention, you'll also know that a lot of the reason for this is because of things like:
- Having a grandmother who was denied an education (whilst growing up in Nigeria) simply because she was female- restricting her options and quality of life
- Witnessing multiple (other female) role models either forfeit their dreams, stay in abusive relationships or operate from a place of low self-worth
due to projected social norms, tradition and religion.
This is why I do what I do in terms of writing, mentoring, podcasting and speaking via the FarAboveRubiesCollection.com. (By changing the narrative for Christian women- one Bible story at a time- my mission is to help Christian women to know their worth, power and purpose so that they can speak up, step out and shine as women of God (rather than end up in the kinds of situations I grew up seeing)).
Well, recently I had the opportunity to take my message offline when I was invited to speak at the "Real Life" youth event at Edmonton Methodist Church, as shown via the video below.
Whilst there, I talked about:
- How the origin of women tolerating toxic romantic relationships can be found and explained through Genesis 3:16 (Eve's curse)
- How we can defy the curse to have godly (positive) romantic relationships that reflect God's original will and purpose (hint- this has nothing to do with practicing celibacy/purity or being submissive! Those things are cute 'n' all but they're not the foundation...)
Yes... you read right!
SOUND GOOD, LOVELY?
Great! Do whatever it is that you need to do to get comfortable so you can watch and enjoy the video below.
Oh, one last thing!
If you want to make sure that you never miss another of my weekly videos, you can:
- Like my Facebook page to get notified as soon as I start a live
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel, if that's where you prefer to hang out
Okay, now you can watch...
Enjoy, my love! Xx
- Genesis 3:16
- 1st Peter 1:16
- John 6:35
- John 4:13-14
- Exodus 20:3
- Genesis 1:27-28
- Ephesians 5:22-33
- 1st Corinthians 12:27
- 1st John 4:8
- Zechariah 2:8
- Matthew 10:8
OTHER RESOURCES/ARTICLES MENTIONED
- Chimamanda Adiche (We should all be feminists)
- Lessons from the Church on (mutual) Submission
- Lessons from Noah's female relatives on why relationships are so important
- If you liked this episode, subscribe to my YouTube channel and leave a comment on the video letting me know your biggest takeaway. That way you'll get notified as soon as I drop another video and we can continue to connect and get to know each other some more!
- Have a question that you'd like me to answer in my next video? You can leave it as a comment directly under the video or submit your question to me here!