Today's devotional is different in that rather than basing my musings on a particular woman of the Bible, I will be speaking on a an experience that is unique to women- giving birth.
Whilst this process is understood as a natural or physical (reproductive) process, today I am going to be speaking about the process of giving birth to our spiritual children or brainchildren (ideas, goals, dreams, vision).
"What got you thinking along these lines, Nina?"
In the devotional I wrote about Anna, I mentioned that one of the ways that I know that God is speaking to me is if a particular topic of theme seems to be coming up repeatedly. Well, last week, one of the things that He told me was that the difficult period that I had gone through at the beginning of the year (which I will share in more detail below) was me going through labour. In other words, all of the adversity and hell that seemed to be breaking loose in my life was me getting ready to give birth to my goals and dreams. He then told me to spend the month reading scriptures to do with giving birth (as part of my one verse a day Bible study method).
Coming into this week, I then noticed that many of the people around me seemed to be going through a trying period at the moment. This included 2 prominent women of faith whose Facebook groups I am apart of. I therefore felt compelled to share with people:
- What God had shared with me about what this all means
- What I had learned so far through my Bible study
as a form of encouragement- all of which I shared on my Facebook page this week via the (live) video below.
Does all hell seem to be breaking loose for you right now as well, lovely?
Whatever you do, don't quit on your dreams! I'm going to tell you what you need to do instead.
One last thing, though!
If you want to make sure that you never miss another of my weekly videos, you can:
- Like my Facebook page to get notified as soon as I start a live
- Subscribe to my brand spanking new YouTube channel, if that's where you prefer to hang out
Okay, now you can watch...
Enjoy, my love! Xx
- Genesis 1:28
- John 16:21
- Exodus 1:15-17
- Ephesians 4:1
- 1st Peter 8:28
- James 1:17
- Jeremiah 29:11
- Proverbs 17:17
- 1st Corinthians 10:13
- Galatians 5:22-23
- Luke 16:10
- If you liked this episode, subscribe to my YouTube channel and leave a comment on the video letting me know your biggest takeaway. That way you'll get notified as soon as I drop another video and we can continue to connect and get to know each other some more!
- Have a question that you'd like me to answer in my next video? You can leave it as a comment directly under the video or submit your question to me here!