Last Sunday's devotional was different in that rather than basing my musings on a particular woman of the Bible, I spoke on a an experience that is unique to women- giving birth.
Whilst this process is understood as a natural or physical (reproductive) process, I spoke about it and related it to the process of giving birth to our spiritual children or brainchildren (ideas, goals, dreams, vision). This will be summarised briefly in today's post but, just in case you prefer to see the whole thing in detail, you can do that here).
On thinking about this process further I realised that birthing brainchildren doesn't just cause labour pains, it can also cause feelings of overwhelm (particularly when our goals and dreams are in the early stages of being manifest or their infancy).
Well... I say "realised" but it was less a realisation and more a personal experience with overwhelm myself in the beginning of the week (more about that in the video...but the giff below was literally me lol).
So this is where the inspiration to give 4 tips for overcoming overwhelm (really 5, if I include the bonus one) came from- all of which I shared on my Facebook page this week via the (live) video below.
One last thing, though!
If you want to make sure that you never miss another of my weekly videos, you can:
- Like my Facebook page to get notified as soon as I start a live
- Subscribe to my brand spanking new YouTube channel, if that's where you prefer to hang out
Okay, that's it now- I promise!
Enjoy, my love! Xx
SCRIPTURES and concepts mentioned
- Proverbs 16:3
- Jesus assembling His team (Matthew 4:18-22)
- Jesus leaving leaving His mission in the hands of the church (Mark 16:14-18)
- The Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-30)
- Jesus as the vine (John 15:5)
- I mention the word "stewardship" quite a bit. You can learn more about that here.
- If you liked this episode, subscribe to my YouTube channel and leave a comment on the video letting me know your biggest takeaway. That way you'll get notified as soon as I drop another video and we can continue to connect and get to know each other some more!
- Have a question that you'd like me to answer in my next video? You can leave it as a comment directly under the video or submit your question to me here!