In today's interview we highlight the amazing Tiny, who has a huge heart for people and supporting them holistically (in terms of health; well-being etc)- great qualities for someone who works within the medical arena! As a self-professed "encourager" with a strong belief in the power of cultivating a positive mindset, I believe that you will gain much from Tiny's insight on Hannah, Esther, Martha, Mary and Jael (in addition to the 5 things that can be learned from them, and women of the Bible in general).
Who is your favourite woman of the Bible and why? What would you say that modern women can learn from her?
I can’t say that I have a favourite however, I do admire many:
- Hannah, who was a persister and keeper of a promise
- Esther, who saved a nation when the opportunity to speak up came
- Martha, who busied herself playing house
- Mary. who sat at the feet of Jesus
- Jael- who was, in a word, brave and decisive
to name a few.
What I believe we can learn from these women today is that:
- Character and integrity are important as foundations to build on
- We can learn something about how to be effective influencers in our relationships, communities, workplaces etc with boldness, confidence and in humility
- God is able to use us and our circumstances to fulfil His purposes through us
- The busyness of life should not drown out our need to make meaningful connections, the most important being a personal faith in the God who is able
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us” (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Please finish the sentence: I am a Christian woman who is...
I am a Christian woman who is learning... learning how to be still, how to listen and to discover my purpose. I make mistakes yet when I remember His Grace...I am in awe of it.
Please finish the sentence: I am a Christian woman who is not...
I am a Christian woman who is not 'perfect;' this is a lifestyle for which you don’t have to have all the answers- just be willing to learn from what it serves you.
Any final words of encouragement?
‘God is Love’. Those three words ground me. They remind me that He is all that I ever need and that there is nothing that I can do to cause Him to love me more or less. He loves me, period....and is working my life such that I am on this wonderful journey of discovery about Him. This is about relationship; not a list of dos and don’ts and that is key, and liberating. Knowing this was my game-changer and I’m learning to develop the discipline to be mindful of this daily. It was my paradigm shift and it started with those three words– GOD IS LOVE.
Also, you are a beautiful creation so much so that your life; your existence cannot be explained (or dismissed) by any theories of random happenstances. I encourage you to take a leap of faith and discover just how true this is.